Today a teacher asked how she could get a video file from her computer to the class iPads. You may think just use YouTube but due to the age of the children the school filters YouTube for her class.
So here we go.
1. First you’ll need a free app called SimplTransfer. You can upgrade this via in app purchase to get more features or to support the developer.
2. Now you need to load the app. On first load it will ask you to allow access to photos and videos. Accept this otherwise the app won’t work. You should now be presented with a screen like this.
3. If you want to transfer between computer and ipad please read on otherwise goto step 6 for using it between iPad and iPad or iPhone. Leave the app open and running. On the computer you need to open you web browser.
4. In the address bar type the web site address given to you on the iPad screen. It will be something like http://000.000.000.000 (the 0s will be numbers relating to your device . Tell the browser to go.
5a. Now you will be browsing your photos and videos from the iPad on your computer screen. To upload a video or photo to the iPad press the upload button on the top left. Browse to your photo/video and open it. It will now be uploaded to your iPad and saved in the camera roll. If you upgrade the app you can upload to any album or create a new album to upload to on the iPad by selecting them from the dropdown menu to the right of the upload button.
5b. To download click into the photos and find the one you want. You can select more than one by clicking the selection box below a photo or you can select all by pressing the select all button in the top left corner. Once you have selected the photos/videos click the download button at the top left.
6. That’s it for transferring between computer and iPad. If you want to transfer between iPad and iPad or iPhone then read on. First you will need the app open and running on each device. Now at the bottom select device.
7. You will get a new screen on the iPad allowing you to select a device from a list. Press the device you want to transfer to.
8. Now you will need to select an album where the photo/video is stored. In the free version you can only send the top 50 items from an album so if your photo is number 51 or above you will need to create a new album in the photo app and add your video/photo to it. Alternatively you can purchase the upgrade.
9. After touching an album you will see all the photos and videos in the album. Touch each photo/video you wish to transfer.
10. Now press send at the bottom left and all the photos/videos you have selected will be transferred to the other device.
11. Job done, good luck transferring photos and videos between devices.
If you like this how to please follow me to keep updated with other how to’s and technology news.