Specialist in Educational ICT. Offering ICT Support, Installation, Consultation, Purchasing and Training Services
How To Install Mac OS X Server
Any Mac can be easily updated to have a server roll by installing it from the App Store for just £13.99 or $19.99. For more information about OS X Server click here to visit the Apple OS X Server Website. Below is a simple step by step guide on how to do this.
1. Goto the App Store and search for OS X server.
2. Click the buy button and follow the normal procedures to purchase an app through the Mac App Store.
3. Once the server app has downloaded and installed you will find an icon for it in the launch pad or you can search for it using spotlight.
4. Run the server app and you will be presented with a setup screen. Click continue.
5. You will now be presented with a terms and conditions agreement. You need to agree to these to continue.
6. Next you will be asked to enter your mac username and password to authorise the app with the mac.
7. The setup process will now take place and will go through a number of process taking a few minutes.
8. Eventually the bar will reach the end and server will load presenting you with a simple help screen about the different features in Mac OS X server.
That’s it, the only option initially setup is file sharing allowing you to customise how you want your server to be configured.